I can't explain WHY I don't like them together, I just don't. Okay, maybe I can explain. You see, back in the day - summer 1997 to be somewhat exact - my friend Kambree introduced me to a band called 98 Degrees. She saw them perform at her cheerleading camp and insisted that I go with her to Six Flags the next weekend to watch their concert. Reluctantly, I went and sat amongst 30 or so 12-year-old girls (I was 17, remember). Before the concert even started, Kambree told me of her plans to rush the stage. I begged her to stay seated in our front row seats. She didn't. But neither did I. Thus began my love affair with 98 Degrees (Drew Lachey specifically).
And then there was the pink jersey incident. I like professional football (that's a bit of an understatement). I like pink (kinda), but I don't think that the two should mix except under one very special circumstance. Breast Cancer. Brett Favre's wife can wear a pink jersey until the cows come home and it would not bother me one bit! Other than that, let's not sissify the NFL with pink jerseys. I know my thinking here is a little anti-feminist, but I can't help it. Stick to the official team colors, people!
Jessica, I wanted to like you and Tony together. I really did. So, why did you have to ruin it by showing up in a pink Romo jersey? Why not blue, Jessica? Why not blue?!
Sure, Tony is a HORRIBLE singer, but I think that it is cute that he doesn't care. I want Tony Romo to find himself a plain, ordinary, every-day Fort Worth girl. Yes, I realize that I did not say Dallas girl. I would prefer him to marry a Fort Worth girl, so shoot me.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that the rumors are true. I don't like wishing unhappiness on anyone. So rather than hope that Tony dumped Jessica and left her broken-hearted, let's hope that he "set her free to be with someone better-suited for her".
1 comment:
Hi Cheryl, I found your blog through Sara's. I enjoy reading your blog because it reminds me a bit of home and Texas!
I used to like Jessica until she turned all dumb-blonde. I wish she'd drop the act!
Post a Comment