Monday, April 14, 2008

Walk the Dog

Last Thursday Lola and I had our first private lesson with a professional dog trainer. Don't make fun. Alan (the trainer) walked Lola and she did OKAY, but then we walked by our neighbor's fence with a dog in the backyard. Lola went nuttso. She wanted to play with that dog SOOO bad. She whined, she cried, she was obsessed. Really. Alan said that he, and most vets, would classify her behavior as obsessive. Yikes. I didn't know it was that bad. On the bright side, at least she isn't aggressive.

So...We start with getting her to heel (or is it spelled "heal"?- either way you know what I mean). Once she has mastered that, we move on to walking by other dogs. I work with her for 5-10 minutes a day, several times a day.She is making progress already! She doesn't try to walk in front of me anymore. She hasn't mastered sitting when I stop, but she is getting better. Yay!!!



2 comments:

MELANIE said...

What a good girl! My Roxie needs some lessons or can you teach an old dog new tricks? She'll be 4 at the end of this month...

Anonymous said...

sweet ass i hope you like anal