Sunday, June 19, 2011

Potty Progress

I know, I know. If you aren't a parent, you could care less about potty training and you are completely skipping this post. I'm okay with that.

Well, we've been holding steady at "will potty when put on potty, but won't tell you when I have to go" for about seven months now. I don't want to push it.

So, almost two months ago I created the Potty Sticker Poster. I know, not a very creative name. Sue me.
I thought that if I rewarded Carly with stickers when she went potty, it might motivate her to initiate the pottying. We now have TONS more stickers on the Potty Sticker Board, but no initiating on her behalf.


I did find some panties that will fit her size 12 month waist - Yay!
They are by Potty Patty and are more absorbent than regular panties, but less absorbent than PullUps. I plan to take a day or two off of work later this summer and plan a long weekend with Carly, Potty Patty, juice, water, milk, popsicles, etc. - whatever it takes (in a nurturing, no-pressure atmosphere, of course!).  Wish us luck!

P.S. Any coupons for carpet and upholstery cleaning post-potty training weekend are welcome.

1 comment:

Katie said...

look up the 3 day potty training method. it was awesome and worked so well with lucy.