Thursday, July 7, 2011

No-Shopping-Spree

I forgot to mention...I have taken a vow of shopping silence. For a month.

I love to shop. I mean, I LOVE to shop. I also love to accomplish goals.
So, I decided no shopping for a month would be a good task, just for giggles.

Here are the rules:
No shoes, clothes, purses, make-up, jewelry, accessories of any kind...For me.
Also no knick-knack home decor like vases, frames, etc.

I am 7 days in and going strong.
How have I managed to suppress my shopping appetite?
Freddy and I bought much-needed new bath towels, I ordered Carly some clothes and bought her some Disney DVDs.* I have also been making a lot of hair bows for friends with new born baby girls and little girls with birthdays coming up.

What has been tough?
I want need new running shoes. Does that count? I mean, they're function, not fashion.
Sunglasses. Mine broke and I am currently using my scratched-up back-ups. If those go, I will have to resort to toddler shades.

Wish me luck, friends.

*I bought the dvds on ebay for $12 each - brand new, unwrapped - Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Aladdin. Mommy needs a break from Mickey Mouse Club House Carly needs to get know her princesses!

2 comments:

MELANIE said...

whoa. Good luck. I think running shoes are a "need" item, not a "want". You'll have to let us know how you did!!

Anonymous said...

And here I am sending you BOGO's from Banana Republic Outlet. Bad boss!!!