Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Daily Green

My sister sent me an email yesterday about the dangers of plastic grocery bags. It encouraged readers to use the canvas ones, which I do and I love!

I started looking at the website that this article was on and I instantly fell in love with it. The website (www.thedailygreen.com) is now listed on this blog as a website I frequent.

The information on the website is very handy AND will help me with one of the items on my Thirty by Thirty list - Live a Greener Life. The first "Green Tip" that I followed was to opt out of junk mail. It's a bit of a process because it let's you manage your mail rather than just eliminate it all, but it only took a few minutes. I will let you know in a month or so if it was worth it.

I am also inspired to plant a tree in my back yard. I'll let you know how that goes once I price them. I've heard rumors that they aren't cheap! Freddy and I have already replaced all of the light bulbs in our house with the energy saver light bulbs. They are more expensive than regular light bulbs, but they help lower your electric bill, they're better for the environment and they last years longer!

Anyway...Check out the website and let me know what you think. I promise to keep you posted on all the different ways that I go green.

No comments: