Friday, October 1, 2010

A new blogging tradition...I hope.

Today I will begin what I hope will be a long-running blogging tradition.

A monthly to-do list.
Nothing too hard.
Just 3-5 things that I want to do that month - just to keep life interesting.

I'll call it...My Monthly Must-Do's.
No. My Monthly Missions.
That still doesn't feel right. How about Periodic Projects?

Hmmm...How about a little help from my friends? (Katie! Courtney!)


Name or no name, I can still share my October list with you.

1. Sample a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks to find out what the fuss is all about.


2. Make a fall wreath for my front door.
Blogger confession: I am Gill-T of blog-stalking again.
A week or two ago I came across (via Lauren's Blog) a fun blog - Denson Duet.
She made an adorable wreath and it inspired me to make my own.
Lauren, please feel free to tell your friend that she has a blog stalker.
Try to reassure her that I am not a total crazy.

I like the wreath that Lauren refers to as "too country" on her blog, but since she is a little more "city", I offer these ideas in hopes that she will let me crash her wreath-making party.



3. Fix the weather stripping on the door that leads form the house in to the garage.


and one "I'm not making any promises, but I'll give it a shot" to-do:
Make a new blog header all by myself. I mean, hello! It's not our rookie year anymore.


Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

OK, if you want to make a blog header you have to check out this site, http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2009/08/tutorial-on-how-to-make-blog-banner.html. This is what I used to do the header on my site (although I use Wordpress, not Blogger, but it still worked), and she really does an amazing job of walking you step-by-step through it all. Plus, it's one of those things that once you do the first time it's really easy to change.

Lauren said...

I love the idea! Josh and I made a "To Do" list by 2011 and it is sort of like this! I cannot WAIT to make wreaths on Tuesday! :)

Emily said...

I love blog stalkers :)

Did you make a wreath?? Post pictures if you did! They are so fun to make and pretty simple too. AND...I loved the Halloween branch/tree decor you posted about. Did you make it?