Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wreath fun

One of my October Must-Dos was to make a wreath.
The idea was to make a FALL wreath. Remember that.


I started with the typical twiggy wreath.





and spray painted it black

the gold and champagne colored twigs of berries I bought for it were a bit too shiny



so I sprayed them with a fine black mist




Then I took my prepped wreath and berries and headed to Melanie's house so that she, Lauren and I could make our fall wreaths together.





Theirs turned out PERFECT!
Mine turned out a little to "wintery", so it is going to hang out in the closet for a month or so.



When we were getting ready to leave for a "girls dinner", Claire wanted to go with us. I told her, "Well, Claire. We let your mommy pick the restaurant and she picked a place that only serves vegetables. So if you go you will have to eat broccoli, carrots and peas. That's all they have."She looked at me like I was crazy and stated that she still wanted to go with her mommy.


Another one of my October Must-Do's was to try a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I've had two this month. They are definitely "pumpkiny", but it's not overbearing. Not bad, but I don't see what the marketing hype is about.

7 comments:

Amber said...

I love all your "to-do" check lists!...& i really need that wreath for my house! It would match all year long. I may have to copy you!!

Cheryl said...

Copy away, Amber! I don't mind at all.

MELANIE said...

Your wreath turned out great! :) That was a lot of fun!!!

Lauren said...

Glad you like the pumpkin spice latte! And I LOVE your wreath! (Might copy it for next time!)

Lydia said...

Where did you get the feathers?? I love that idea! Maybe Tim will shoot a turkey this weekend and I can use those feathers!

Cheryl said...

Lydia - Hobby Lobby, of course! They are cheaper in the "bundle" than as single stems.

amandanbo said...

so cute and looks like ya'll had a blast! any wintery wreath ideas??? hmmmmmm? i am totally inviting myself along to your next wreath making party!