Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wreath fun

One of my October Must-Dos was to make a wreath.
The idea was to make a FALL wreath. Remember that.


I started with the typical twiggy wreath.





and spray painted it black

the gold and champagne colored twigs of berries I bought for it were a bit too shiny



so I sprayed them with a fine black mist




Then I took my prepped wreath and berries and headed to Melanie's house so that she, Lauren and I could make our fall wreaths together.





Theirs turned out PERFECT!
Mine turned out a little to "wintery", so it is going to hang out in the closet for a month or so.



When we were getting ready to leave for a "girls dinner", Claire wanted to go with us. I told her, "Well, Claire. We let your mommy pick the restaurant and she picked a place that only serves vegetables. So if you go you will have to eat broccoli, carrots and peas. That's all they have."She looked at me like I was crazy and stated that she still wanted to go with her mommy.


Another one of my October Must-Do's was to try a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I've had two this month. They are definitely "pumpkiny", but it's not overbearing. Not bad, but I don't see what the marketing hype is about.

8 comments:

Amber said...

I love all your "to-do" check lists!...& i really need that wreath for my house! It would match all year long. I may have to copy you!!

Cheryl said...

Copy away, Amber! I don't mind at all.

MELANIE said...

Your wreath turned out great! :) That was a lot of fun!!!

Lauren said...

Glad you like the pumpkin spice latte! And I LOVE your wreath! (Might copy it for next time!)

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010

Lydia said...

Where did you get the feathers?? I love that idea! Maybe Tim will shoot a turkey this weekend and I can use those feathers!

Cheryl said...

Lydia - Hobby Lobby, of course! They are cheaper in the "bundle" than as single stems.

amandanbo said...

so cute and looks like ya'll had a blast! any wintery wreath ideas??? hmmmmmm? i am totally inviting myself along to your next wreath making party!