Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jingle all the way

Freddy and I have "participated in" the Jingle Bell Run for the past two years. I say "participated in" because what I did behind that jogging stroller last year could hardly be called running. Or jogging. It was an ugly first-time-out for Carly and the jogging stroller.

While in Minnesota with the family in October, I invited my sister Cathy to join us. The things is, I never actually signed up for this year's run. So when her and Charlie came to stay the night with us a few Friday nights ago, I had no idea that they had been running and secretly signed up for the run to surprise us.

I figured since I was the one that talked them in to it, I needed to run it with them. So we all got up early the next morning, I donned my Christmas present shirt and off we went. Carly and Freddy stayed home, though. It was a cold, wet morning.


I didn't exactly rock that 5K, but I had fun doing it. I think that Cathy and Charlie did, too. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new tradition and many more 5K's together.

I enjoyed spending the day with Cathy, Charlie and Christy.
And of course Carly soaked up all the love and affection that her aunts and uncles were showering her with.

No comments: