Thursday, June 5, 2008

August 3 - Mark the date!

I can't believe that I have been blogging since March and haven't mentioned the Indianapolis Colts or Peyton Manning (oh, wait. I guess I did mention Peyton in the Romo-Simpson blog, but that really doesn't count).


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
Just kidding! I will spare you - at least until August 3, 2008. While preseason is the definition of anti-climactic, it is the official beginning of football season. And having gone half a year without football, I will take it! I am super bummed that Romo and Peyton will not be playing eachother this year. See you in the Superbowl? Fingers crossed!




And before anyone comments about how Peyton is a "sell-out" for doing commercials, might I mention that practically everyone is doing it now - including Tiger Woods who earned over $105,000,000 last year in endorsements alone while Peyton earned only $13,000,000 in endorsements. Besides, turning down easy, fun money is STUPID.

If you are interested in learning about the top-earning professional athletes, check out this link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/fortunate50/index.html

No comments: