Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thirty by Thirty update

On Tuesday, November 4th I completed one more task on my Thirty by Thirty list. It was to work the polls on election day. My precinct chair never called me back, so I headed to Crowley to work with my former boss (we still work together, just in different departments).


It was a very cool experience! There were only about 300 voters all day, but those were record numbers for the precincts assigned to our polling place. It was really cool watching the first-time voters (young and old) and I was excited when we got a disgruntled voter just minutes before closing.

I wish I would have taken a picture of me doing my civic duty, but pictures were not allowed.


And because another task on my list is to live a greener life, I share this information with you: Payless Shoes has a new "green" line. Check out this link for more information:





No comments: