Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ready or not...

I did it. I have finally completed (as in MADE) my Thirty By Thirty List – a list of thirty things that I want to do before I turn the big 3-0 on May 10, 2010.

Like I said in an earlier post, I heard about a co-worker doing this a few years back and thought it would be fun. Shelby was already making her list when I mentioned it to her, so it has been fun comparing lists. Some other co-workers have jumped on board, too. It is interesting to see what is different on each person’s list. I can’t wait to get started!

Without further ado, here is the list (in no particular order):

1. Change the oil in my car - completed
2. Run a half marathon
3. Start a Book Club - first meeting 3.2.10
4. Become CPR certified again - completed 2.13.10
5. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity - completed 3.6.10
6. Learn how to play Texas Hold ‘Em - Completed
7. Learn how to drive a stick shift well enough to do it without someone else in the car
8. Visit a state I have never been - Completed Nov. 16, 2009 - NEVADA!
9. Complete a do-it-yourself home improvement project
10. Take an I.Q. test - completed
11. Donate blood - completed 7.17.09
12. Take a self-defense class - completed 7.11.09
13. Read the Bible cover-to-cover
14. Pick up the tab for someone in the US military and leave before they can thank me
15. Take a photography class - Completed
16. Host cocktail party
17. Start a family - completed March 13, 2009
18. Watch Sex and the City episodes in order and then watch the movie - completed 4. 30.09
19. Try a new cuisine - completed Oct. 16, 2009. Veitnamese food with Sara
20. Visit a site important to American history
21. Complete a comprehensive family health summary
22. This one is a secret until after I do it! - Completed Aug. 13, 2009. Surprised Freddy with trip to Vegas.
23. Work at the polls for an election -completed November 4, 2008
24. Learn about investing and do it!
25. Give someone a handmade gift - completed
26. Live a “greener” life - this is ongoing, but I have I'm feeling greener already
27. Cook a gourmet meal
28. Plan a family reunion
29. Go two months without buying clothes, shoes, jewelry or purses - completed! July and August 09
30. Write a children's book and submit if for publication.

So, what do you think?

Freddy likes to joke and say that this is his Thirty by Thirty list, too since he will have to be involved on several of these adventures.

Here we go…

2 comments:

MELANIE said...

What a fun/neat idea!! I should start making my 30 by 30 list--I'm a July birthday so I have a good 2 years to complete one...

Aunt Cathy said...

Hey!You can accomplish one of those this weekend - pick up the tab for one of America's finest at Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls, TX! There should be lots of Airmen and/or Women at the restaraunt tomorrow!