Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby Confessions

I figure I will have a lot to 'fess up to over the next few months, so why not make it a reoccurring blog with a cute name?

Baby Confession #1:
This Saturday I ate McDonald's for the first time since college.

Freddy is quick to point out that I ate McDonald's a few times while we lived in Plano, but those don't count because they were salads under desperate circumstances.

We were on our way to a wedding in Dallas and I KNEW that I couldn't make it until 8 o'clock to eat, so I HAD to get something in my belly. My choices were McDonald's or Taco Cabana. I opted for the small, regular hamburger, no fries because I feared spilling nacho cheese in my lap. I experienced no gut-rot, so I count this risk-taken as a win.

Are McDonald's burgers a craving? I hope not, but that may be just wishful thinking. I used to pass McDonald's without even blinking, but now I pass the golden arches and my mouth waters at the thought of bacon egg and cheese biscuits with a hash brown OR a hamburger. I promise to keep you updated on the latest battle: McDonald's vs. my will power.

I am curious to see what other mommies ate during pregnancy that they never ate before.

4 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Hey Cheryl! I found your blog through Lydia's. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! As far as cravings...I drank real coke (which I hadn't had in about 8 years before that) and ate Braum's (which I hadn't had in about 20 years!!!). I am sure there were a lot of other weird cravings I had, but those are two that stand out.

Meg said...

I ate a Chick Fil A chicken biscuit EVERY morning for 3 months with Shelby. It's the only thing that kept me from puking. I think I needed protein in the mornings. :) The drive thru lady was nice and never even commented except one day she said, "See you tomorrow!" haha

Katie said...

Okay, your friend Meg and I had the same love--CFA breakfast sandwiches are the best. Then they built one right across the street from the kids' preschool--evil. Also, I chew ice like it's going out of style when I'm pregnant--No other times. And pineapple.

MELANIE said...

Ben and Jerry's peanut butter cup was probably what made me fail my 1 hr glucose tolerance test with Claire and why she was 1 and a 1/2 pounds bigger than Brady. I gained 4 fewer pounds with her though...(I passed the 3 hr both times!)