Thursday, October 16, 2008

10 Year High School Reunion

There is so much to say about the reunion! But I am going to stick to bullet points because after 9 months on the planning committee and three reunion events in one weekend, I’m tired of talking about it.

*LOVED seeing friends that I haven’t seen in years and spending time with friends that I am still in touch with.

*LOVED getting to work with and actually getting to know Pam. We knew each other in hs, but didn’t have any classes together or do the same things, so we didn’t hang out.

*The committee did a great job!

*The senior video was hilarious!

*I got FED UP with all of the complaining about the price. Hello, people! I do events for a living. I challenge any of you negative nellies to plan a reunion for less – and it has to be a reunion that people won’t complain about. Besides, $60 for an entire weekend is not bad. Most are between $75-100 for a night. You try to do something nice for people and b******g is all you get – and to my face, none the less.

*Wish more people would have come, but the ones that did were fun!

*Everyone looked the same, I thought. I only had to make a few double takes.

Here are some pics! I wish I would have taken more pictures of all the different people that were there. Oh, well.
Me, Freddy and Sara's funny hubby Peter!

The Phams, Stephanie and The Clarks

Committee buds - Stephanie, me and Sara


She is probably touching my stomach in this pic! The woman is obsessed!


Me and becky showing off the bumps, but I cropped out the bumps because I promised Becky that I would. We only took the pic to make Sara happy.




Family Picnic


Aubrie Little Beck and me. We've been friends...forever! Or at least since she used to make me ride her sister's bike in to a sewer!


Aubs, Jeremy Broom and Jon Eakman


Sarah, Jeremy and me


Me and Chelsea, due two days apart.


Jennifer Roseberry Foster



The Brooms, Freddy and his stand-in wife, Sarah and the Becks.


Taking a picture of Peter taking a picture of me!


Sara - she talked a LOT! Just kidding, Sara!


Me, my hubby and our daughter!



Cross Country girls - Amber, me and Sara



The committee minus Namicha. Wish you could see my rockin' red heels!


Porter Pride!


Jodie Campbell Stuth and me. Call her if you are in the market for a new house!


And I leave you with this "Jem" (you'll get the joke after I post Halloween pics). Wonder what was so interesting?



5 comments:

postpunkgirl said...

Oh my gosh! You got some great pics! (I will be expecting all the ones you posted in an 'full version' email.) IMMEDIATELY! ;)

Cheryl, I can't express enough what an amazing job you did for our reunion! The ideas and extras that you put together were the crowning jewel of the occasion, and I am without a doubt, glad that you talked me into being on the committee (shh, don't tell!)

I'm going to miss our SAR/CHER carpools!

Courtney said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures! I'm so sad we had to miss it. You look AMAZING, and it looks like everyone was having a great time! Great job!

Katie said...

Congratulations on your baby GIRL! Girls are fun, with a little side of drama ;)

And it looks like you had fun at the reunion. Can't believe everybody grew up. I guess since y'all are younger, I hadn't seen a lot of these 'kids' since Porter. I remembered John Eakman as soon as I saw his picture. He looks the same that he did in like 2nd grade I think.

Guess Melanie didn't go. You'll have to give her a hard time.

Anonymous said...

Okay, am I going to be permanently marked as the girl who made you go into a big sewer hole a couple of times when we were growing up? Um, hello!? There are alot of other cool things I could be known for:
1.) being the best darn Brownie I could be
2.) having a mom with a cool accent
3.) making up dances for EVERY song on the radio
4.) giving great hugs
5.) having cool birthday parties at Mama's pizza
6.) making sure that the colored bands on my braces matched the season's theme....except when I had black and orange for Halloween and picture day fell in sometime around there...)
7.) going off to college and coincidently joining the same sorority as you.....

I could go on, but I don't want to overload you on my Awesomeness!

Love you girl!!

MELANIE said...

yeah, I should've gone. Looked fun. :( Boo on my part. Maybe I'll go in 10 more years...