Thursday, October 16, 2008

Garage Door vs. My Car

It is Saturday morning after a late night (late night for a preggo that is) at the Ice Breaker portion of my ten year reunion at Fox and Hound. Before I make my way to the family picnic, I have to swing by the house of the Johnny Reb sponsor to pick up the buster poster (the big fabric RHS flag that the football team runs through at half-time). We are using it for decoration at the dinner reception that night.

I have tons of stuff to load in my car because I am going straight from the picnic to set up for the evening (an evening that it seems no one appreciated). Lola is eagerly following me around because she thinks she is going with me. It also happens to be neighborhood garage sale weekend and there are more cars than usual on our quiet court. Not wanting to chance Lola taking off into the street and getting hit by a car, I opt to partially open my back hatch in a closed garage rather than open the garage, allowing the hatch to fully open.

Note to self: When done loading, close the hatch and THEN open the garage door. Do not- I repeat DO NOT – open the garage without closing the hatch that is currently half-open and propped against the closed garage door.

Phone rings. It’s Freddy. He is asking if I want an autographed Brady James jersey he found at a neighbor’s garage sale. Sure, he’s hot but I’m not big on autographed memorabilia. Gather purse and keys, put Lola in her “room”, open garage door. Crunch! “Freddy, don’t be mad but I need you to come home right now. I just opened the garage door with my back hatch in it.”

My sweet husband wasn’t mad (I'm a lucky girl!). Things happen and it could have been worse. He just manually shut the garage door and I shut the hatch along with it. It left a small dent and a small scratch, but nothing major. I got off easy on this one.

If Brady James weren’t so hot, I wouldn't have been so distracted. I blame him for this.

Here is what I did:








IN OTHER NEWS:


Looks like I will have to wait a few more months before I can check “get CPR certified again” off of my Thirty by Thirty list. It was canceled this weekend and we can’t make the one in November. BUT… we can make the one in December and by then they will be in the brand new YMCA just half a mile from our house.

So, if you are interested in taking the class with me and Freddy, let me know. It is CPR and first aid and the cost is $57 for both. It only takes 4 hours on a Saturday afternoon.

After the Cowboys game last Sunday Freddy and the neighbor guys hit the street to play some catch with the pigskin. First Josh knocked his own mailbox off and then Freddy tripped to avoid Lola and jammed his elbow. This has slowed down his mountain biking considerably.

2 comments:

MELANIE said...

Oops! We've (my husband) closed the garage door with my back hatch open before. I guess he didn't notice... My Brady is Brady James. Had the name picked out before I knew of the player!

Courtney said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry that happened! I hate when stuff like that happens when you've got a million and one things to do. And I am really sorry that everyone at the reunion didn't appreciate all the work you (and everyone else) put into it. I can only imagine how hard you all worked to put everything together and pull off a great weekend! Those ingrates!!