Saturday, May 3, 2008

April in a nutshell

I have been bad about updating my blog. Sorry!

So, here is April in a nutshell.
April 19th - My co-worker Michelle and her fiance Chris recently purchased their first house in Coppell and had everyone over for a house warming party. Everyone had fun and, while Chris' margaritas weren't up to par (stupid blender), the guacamole was fantastic!
This would be Chris and Michelle - Soon to be Mr. & Mrs. Chiara.

We loved the tub - Michelle, Jeni and me. But what I loved the most (forgive me, I don't know the technical name for it) was the laundry shoot - basically a hole in the bottom of their closet where they could drop their dirty laundry in to the laundry room!!!


Shelby: How do you spell 'elephantitis'?

It's not a party without Shelby - and youtube. Search "Charlie bit me". You will not be disappointed. Actually, I think that I will post that on here soon. Stay tuned!

April 20th - I met Amber (Griggs) Campbell and Ari Campbell, Lesley (Whitehurst) Hamilton and Hudson Hamilton, Tovah (Durban) Chambless at Joe T.'s. It was tons of fun catching up with Tovah and Amber. I am caught up with Lesley already- I talk to her every day practically, but I still LOVE getting to see her and Huddie! Did I mention that I internet stalked Tovah? That is how we were able to get a hold of her after 10 years! Glad you're back, Tovah.

Amber and Ari had already left when we took this picture. I should have thought to whip my camera out at the table, but I was too busy talking.

April 26th - Race for the Cure. Sorry I forgot to take pictures. Michelle Harris, Brittany Foshea and I woke up at the crack of dawn on a cold Saturday morning to support breast cancer research. I would do it all over again. Oh, wait. I do. This is my fourth year in a row to participate and I love it!

The most inspirational thing was the man running in front of me. He had a sign on his back that read "In celebration of my wife, Patty". He also had one of her scarves tied around his waist. I ran with him the entire race.

At the beginning of the race, I started to think about breast cancer and how it has touched the lives of so many who are close to me. If you know me, you know who I am talking about it. I almost started to cry, but I made myself focus on the run instead (and all of the hills that made it so hard). This event is SOOO moving. I encourage everyone to sign up next year!

Later that night Tovah and I went to Lesley's for a slumber party. Excuse the un-centered picture. Once Hudson can handle a camera, we'll have him take our picture. Until then we have to settle for the timer. You are never too old for a slumber party. We had year books, scrapbooks, boxes of photos, myspace and of course youtube (you guessed it - Charlie bit me).

Well, that was April in a nutshell. I know that I left quite a but out, but that is what I have pictures of. Hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

*Kendra* said...

You've been busy! Walk that dog of yours over to my house! I did a 5K this weekend---man, I'm tired!