Sunday, January 8, 2012

Deck the Halls

This (past) year, we didn't pull out all of our Christmas decorations, but that's okay because Carly helped decorate and that made it much sweeter.


She decorated her very own pink Christmas tree.



Every year I buy (at least) one special ornament for Carly.

09 ornament - rattle for baby's first Christmas


'10 - Pig ornament because she was in a phase where she LOVED pigs



'11 - What else? A Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ornament!

Putting up Christmas decorations with a toddler may take longer and it may not produce the perfection that you are used to, but it certainly is Merrier!


Those of you who know me will be SHOCKED by this next decoration.
Not a big "character" person, Carly has only one shirt with Minnie Mouse on it.
And I've never been a pro-holiday-inflatables. I've never been ant--holiday-inflatables either.

Then I found this one for $20. I knew that Carly would love it, so I bought it.

It was raining the night that I brought it home, so we blew it up in the house. You should have seen her face.
She talked about that Mickey and Minnie for WEEKS. As we pulled in to the neighborhood, she would tell me either that "Mickey is sleeping" (inflated) or "Mickey is up" (deflated).

She was beyond excited. Best $20 I ever spent.

No comments: