Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'll bet that is one more item off my thirty by thirty list

I can mark one more thing off my Thirty By Thirty List!

When Freddy announced last Thursday that he wanted to have a poker game at the house (we used to have them all of the time with the neighbors, but I never played because I was playing hostess), I told him that I would play if he taught me how.

The next night, Sara and Austin came down, we broke out the poker table and Sara and I learned how to play Texas Hold 'Em. Beginners luck, I won and Sara came in second. Too bad we didn't play for money...or something more interesting.

I did play on Saturday night. There were 11 people that played. I didn't buy back in like some people did and I made it to the final table. Not bad! But then I was the first one out on the final table, which means that I came in 6th. Not too shabby.

The winning hand - two pair. Did you notice that I separate my chips by color?

No comments: